Sunday, April 17, 2011

Summary of My Presentation



Beginning: For my introduction, I began with an introduction of myself and what I will talk about in this Islam presentation. I divided my sections into three parts and told my class about what my Glogster will be about.

Middle: As for the mid-section, I began presenting and "teaching" the class about Islamic spread, Muslim customs and rituals as well as their beliefs. I began by telling the people how the Islam religion became what it is today and how it spread to what it had become today. Once I covered Islam, I moved on to the believers and followers which are the Muslims. I talked about their customs and daily rituals. Basically what they do on a daily basis. For example, I explained their praying hours which is their way on communicating with God or Allah. Later on, I transfered to their beliefs such as the 5 Pillars of Islam, the Quran and the many other trustworthy beliefs set by Muhammad and Allah. For example, I focused on the 5 Pillars of Islam and how those affected the daily lives of many Muslims around the world.

End: For the great finale, I decided to do something creative and made a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire for the quiz. My plan for this was to involve the class and create a discussion that everyone can be a part of. I believed that my plan actually worked and a great discussion was created. Another aspect I really liked was the debate over various answers.

Over all, what I did well was the fact that I included the class into my presentation and really passed a lot of information around. However, I could have improved the layout and brought in some concrete example or "show and tell" objects. Overall, I believe my presentation was a success but as everyone says, nothing is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment